If you run into questions, just let us know. An admissions counselor will be your resource for everything from finding out admission deadlines to learning about financial aid.
Experience AU life with a campus visit
Join one of our events or schedule a campus visit to see if an Anderson University education is the right fit for you.Schedule my Visit
Apply online-We've made it easy.
College applications can be daunting so we've made the AU admissions process as clear and easy as possible for you.Apply Now
You've applied and you're accepted!
Congratulations! Now what? You have two final steps and the enrollment process will be complete. This part saves your spot in line for Housing and Class Selection.Pay Your Deposit
More about the process
It's time to take the next step – applying to Anderson University. You'll see that we've made the process clear and relatively simple, but that doesn't mean you might not have a question. We love to answer questions! Just contact your Admission Counselor and he or she will have you clued –in in no time!
Here's how you apply to Anderson:
If you have a Fee Waiver for your SAT or ACT, please ask your guidance counselor to complete this form.
- Application (online at andersonuniversity.edu)
- $40 application fee
- Official high school transcript
- Two essays (prompts)*
- Official SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- *If you are submitting a test score, then you will not be required to submit essays.
- Letter of recommendation
After you've done that:
- Follow up with your admission counselor to make sure we have received everything successfully
We encourage you to apply online, however if requested, we'll provide a printable version of the application by request.
If you've been accepted to Anderson, we join you in your celebration!
Watch for your acceptance letter in the Anderson University Black Envelope.
Your golden ticket of admission is on the way, and it will arrive in an Anderson University Black Envelope! The Black Envelope is one of our favorite traditions that we are excited to share with our future students. Be sure to share your own excitement using #AUBlackEnvelope when it arrives!
Take notice of the deadlines for the FAFSA!
- You may begin to apply for your FAFSA on October 1 of your Senior Year of high school
- You must fill out the FAFSA by June 30 to receive State Scholarships
- This form will help you quickly submit your $250 deposit online. Your deposit is fully refundable until May 1. This saves your spot for residence hall selection and in the class. It also allows you to continue the steps below as you become an AU Trojan!
- Set up your AU email
- Log-in to your Self-Service account
*if you have any issues logging into your email or Self-Service accounts, contact email@example.com
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Get and estimate of your total bill Estimated Billing Worksheet
- See financial aid information here
- Apply for competitive Anderson University Scholarships
- Keep track of dates and deadlines for scholarships
- Look into additional Private Scholarships. Here are some resources:
- Fill out your FAFSA
- (optional) Contact the Center for Student Success if you received special accommodations throughout high school. Learn what services Anderson has available. Contact the Center for Student Success here
- Submit the necessary Health Forms
- Take the modern language placement test
- Sign up for Orientation
- Fill out the housing agreement
- Request final transcripts from your guidance counselor after graduation
- Save the date for Welcome Week!
- Contact your admission counselor if you have any questions
- If you have been accepted, please make sure that you have filled out your contract and submitted it to the Admission Office by the deadline
- Retake the SAT or ACT to meet minimum requirements
- Complete MAT101 or ENG101
- Please contact your admission counselor with any questions about your requirements