The Parent Leadership Council (PLC) of Anderson University is a group of outstanding men and women who love Anderson University, occupy positions of leadership and influence, and wish to provide their insight on issues concerning the University. These individuals are selected on the basis of their willingness to share their ideas, initiatives, and resources for the benefit and advancement of the University. These distinguished individuals believe in the worth of the individual, the value of independent, Christian higher education, and the expressed mission, vision and values of Anderson University. Council membership is not geographically restricted.
The responsibilities of the Parent Leadership Council include:
- to watch over Anderson University, offering counsel and advice to the President and the administration from their areas of expertise and also from a parental point of view;
- to observe, measure and sustain the University’s pursuit of its vision of being a premier place of learning and serving the public interest, the local community, the church and its students;
- to serve as ambassadors of goodwill for the University in the greater community and in one’s respective profession or business interpreting the University to its various publics;
- to lend individual and corporate strength by enhancing the University’s sphere of influence;
- to refer to the University the names of prospective students for admission;
- to aid in the identification of individuals or organizations who, with proper cultivation, could provide financial support;
- to assist with the funding for the Anderson Fund and capital projects;
- to promote the philosophy of privately supported, Christian higher education;
- to promote and enhance the benefits of a leading private four-year comprehensive university with regional and national exposure.
Any parent of a current AU student or alumnus of the University is eligible for membership on the Parent Leadership Council for renewable one- year terms. Upon completion of the one-year term, an individual may be re-appointed to additional terms.
An individual becomes a prospective member of the Parent Leadership Council by an internal recommendation from an Anderson University staff or faculty member. Membership terms are from June 1 through May 31. Members may be elected any time during the year.
Attendance at two annual meetings (Fall and Spring) of the council is expected. All PLC members are expected to make an investment in the University. Members give either personally or through their business a gift of $2,500 or more per fiscal year, June 1 - May 31. The annual participation goal is 100%. All donors giving at the $2,500 level or more receive a special invitation to the annual President’s Gala Dinner and Concert.