December 2021 Commencement
The Trojan Family eagerly awaits its opportunity to honor your accomplishments with commencement exercises on Alumni Lawn, December 4, 2021. We look forward to celebrating this memorable occasion with you, your family, and our guests.
Information for the Ceremony
Commencement Website: Information regarding Commencement will be regularly updated on our Anderson University Commencement page. Please check this page regularly for important updates.
Video Streaming: For the convenience of family and friends who are unable to attend Commencement, we are pleased to provide a live video streaming option on our Commencement web page. Please check this page for the link that will be published when it becomes available.
Required Dress: Commencement participants must be dressed appropriately in attire suitable for formal church services or professional engagements. No jeans, shorts, or casual footwear (i.e. flip-flops, athletic shoes, etc.) are permitted. Avoid high heels and slick-soled shoes to limit the chance of slips or falls.
Diploma Distribution: Graduates will receive empty diploma covers during the ceremony. Because the timing of the ceremony and exams, the diplomas will not be available on the day of the ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed by January 12, 2022, and you will receive an email with a tracking number once your diploma has been mailed.
Date, time, and location: Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. on Alumni Lawn (the front lawn of Anderson University).
Guest limitations, audience capacity, and ticket Information: There are no tickets and no limit to the amount of guests that can be invited. Family and friends of each graduate are encouraged to sit together.
Student check-In instructions: Check-In will open at 7:30 a.m. You will need to arrive no later than 8:00 am at Henderson Auditorium in the Rainey Fine Arts Center.
- It is imperative that you are present for the roll call of names to ensure you are marked present for the commencement ceremony.
- The Processional will begin in Henderson and will travel down the sidewalk on Kingsley, in front of campus, through the Anderson University Arch, up the front walk, and into seating on the front lawn.
- These activities involve substantial walking on sidewalks, soft grass, and up and down steps. Please wear comfortable, safe shoes.
- If you require special accommodations for participation in the Processional or ceremony, please notify the Office of the Registrar at (864) 231-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to discuss how we can best accommodate your needs.
Guest Instructions: Seating on Alumni Lawn will be open for Saturday’s ceremony.
In the event of rain:
If the weather is such that we must enact the rain plan, there will be two ceremonies in Henderson Auditorium. The Inclement Weather Commencement ceremony will be livestreamed with overflow in the Student Center Theatre. Additionally, each graduate will be able to have four (4) guests in Henderson Auditorium. The two ceremonies will be divided by college/school of your major/program. See below for the groups for the two ceremonies:
Saturday, Dec 4. @ 10 am:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Christian Studies
- College of Health Professions
Saturday, Dec 4. @ 2:30 pm:
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- School of Public Service & Administration
- The South Carolina School of the Arts
Students, you can verify your college/school by looking for your major/program in the AU academic catalog: catalog.andersonuniversity.edu. If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar: email@example.com or 864-231-2120.