Anderson University is pleased to announce additional details of the postponed Class of 2020 Commencement.
Commencement will be held on Friday, Oct. 2, 2020, at 10 a.m. Rain or shine, the ceremony will be held on Alumni Lawn (the front lawn of Anderson University.)
Commencement Website: Information regarding Commencement will be regularly updated on this page. Please check back regularly for important updates:
Important Requirements for All Graduates and Guests
- Only 4 guests per graduate are allowed to attend the ceremony.
- Graduates and all guests must wear a face covering at all times while at Anderson University.
- In the interest of the health and well-being of all members of the University community, please do not attend the ceremony if you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- Do not attend if you have had close contact (less than 6 feet distancing for 15 minutes or longer) with a COVID-19 positive individual in the past 14 days.
Ticketing Information: Updated 9/24. To ensure physical distance can be maintained for all participants, each graduate will be allowed four guests. Printed tickets will not be distributed to graduates for this event. Guests of each graduate (maximum of 4 per graduate) will be required to participate in a check-in process to be admitted into Alumni Lawn.
Regalia & Dress: AU Outfitters is currently distributing regalia through our on campus store or taking online orders here: Graduation Regalia. The deadline to order regalia is September 23. Note: We recommend that you remove your gown from the package and hang it up to remove wrinkles. DO NOT press your gown with a cool iron because it will melt. Only Anderson University-issued honor stoles and cords are acceptable items to be worn with academic regalia. This also extends to adornments on the mortarboard (i.e. "cap").
Required Dress: Commencement participants must be dressed appropriately in attire suitable for formal church services or professional engagements. No jeans, shorts, or casual footwear (i.e. flip-flops, athletic shoes, etc.) are permitted. Avoid high heels and slick-soled shoes due to the quick-paced walking across various surfaces. Participants who are inappropriately attired will NOT be permitted to join the Processional line.
Photography: A professional photographer with ProPics will take individual photos of each graduate at Commencement. The photographer has requested that you complete this form before the ceremony: https://form.jotform.com/202534017187148
Sign Language Interpretation: Anderson University will provide sign language interpretation during Commencement. If you have guests who wish to avail themselves of this service, please notify our office by email (email@example.com) with at least 24 hours notice so that we can prepare for appropriate seating. Please include the graduate's name in the email request. All members of the family group will be seated together.
Diploma Distribution: UPDATED 09/21/2020 Graduates will receive empty diploma covers during the ceremony and should report to the front steps of Johnston Library to pick up their diplomas immediately following the ceremony.
Students must present a photo ID (driver’s license or AU ID) to receive your diploma. Only graduates will be permitted into the diploma distribution area.
Graduate Check-In Instructions: Check-In will begin at 8:00 a.m. You will need to arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. Your check-in location will be updated as soon as possible. Please keep checking this website for more information.
Guest Check-In Instructions:
Check-In will begin at 8:00 a.m. There will be two check-in locations for guests. Refer to the red stars on the above campus map for these locations.
There will be five (5) Check-In Stations at each Check-In Location. The stations are divided into the following alphabetical groupings (alphabetical by graduate’s last name):
At each Check-In Station, guests will verify their graduate’s name and receive:
- An armband to allow access to Alumni Lawn
- Information about seating and family pods
NOTE: Due to CDC guidelines, each pod is designated for a specific graduate’s family and cannot be combined or mixed.
Under normal circumstances, this weekend Anderson University would have celebrated its 107th May Commencement in its 109th year. Though we are unable to gather to celebrate the accomplishments of our graduates last spring, we have dedicated these pages to celebrating their accomplishments.
Please take some time to look around our dedicated May Commencement pages, including:
- President Whitaker’s Congratulatory Message to Graduates
- Two Virtual AU Choir Concerts
- Two Honorary Doctorate Recipients
- Graduate Student Candidates for Degrees
- Undergraduate Student Candidates for Degrees
- Faculty Awards for Excellence in Teaching
Dr. Evans Whitaker
President of Anderson University
I Know the Plans I Have for You
A special presentation for our May 2020 Graduates
Congratulations to the Class of 2020
Please click the links below to see your graduating class.
- Graduate Degrees
- Honors Program
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Other Bachelor Degrees
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Christian Studies
- Bachelor of Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Bachelor of Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Business