December 2020 Commencement
Commencement will be held on Saturday, December 5, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. The ceremony will be held on Alumni Lawn (the front lawn of Anderson University.)
View the Live Stream Here
Commencement Website: Information regarding Commencement will be regularly updated on this page. Please check back regularly for important updates:
Ticketing Information: To ensure physical distance can be maintained for all participants, each graduate will be allowed six guests. Printed tickets will not be distributed to graduates for this event. Guests of each graduate (maximum of 6 per graduate) will be required to participate in a check-in process to be admitted into Alumni Lawn.
Graduate Check-In Instructions: Check-In will begin at 8:00 a.m. You will need to arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. Your check in location will be Henderson Auditorium in the Rainey Fine Arts Center.
- It is imperative that you are present for the roll call of names to ensure you are marked present for the Commencement ceremony.
- The Processional will begin in Henderson and will travel down the sidewalk on Kingsley, in front of campus, through the Anderson University Arch, up the front walk, and into seating on the front lawn.
- These activities involve substantial walking on sidewalks, soft grass, and up and down steps. Please wear comfortable, safe shoes.
- If you require special accommodations for participation in the Processional or ceremony, please notify the Office of the Registrar at (864) 231-2120 or email@example.com as soon as possible to discuss how we can best accommodate your needs.
Guest Check-In Instructions:
Check-In will begin at 8:00 a.m. There will be two check-in locations for guests. Refer to the red stars on the above campus map for these locations.
At each Check-In location, guests will verify their graduate’s name and receive:
- An armband to allow access to Alumni Lawn
- Information about seating and family pods
NOTE: Due to CDC guidelines, each pod is designated for a specific graduate’s family or guests and cannot be combined or mixed.
Rain Plan: Due to the audio equipment requirements for the ceremony, inclement weather may require us to change the location and nature of the event. A rain plan decision will be made by Friday, December 4, at noon. The rain plan will include a livestream ceremony where only students and platform party will attend in-person. The venue for this will be Henderson Auditorium.
- To avoid wrinkles, it is recommended that you remove your regalia from the package and hang it up prior to the ceremony.
- Do not press your gown with a cool iron because the iron will melt your regalia.
- Only Anderson University issued honor stoles and cords are acceptable items to be worn with academic regalia. This also extends to adornments on the mortarboard (i.e. "cap").
Required Dress: Commencement participants must be dressed appropriately in attire suitable for formal church services or professional engagements. No jeans, shorts, or casual footwear (i.e. flip-flops, athletic shoes, etc.) are permitted. Avoid high heels and slick-soled shoes due to the quick-paced walking across various surfaces.
Photography: A professional photographer with ProPics will take individual photos of each graduate at Commencement. The photographer has requested that you complete this form before the ceremony: Click here.
Diploma Distribution: Graduates will receive empty diploma covers during the ceremony. Due to the timing of the ceremony and exams, the diplomas will not be available on the day of the ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed by December 18, 2020, and you will receive an email with a tracking number once your diploma has been mailed.
Video Streaming: For the convenience of family and friends who are unable to attend Commencement, we are pleased to provide a live video streaming option on our Commencement webpage. Link at the top of this page.