Find Your Program


trojan watermark.jpg


trojan watermark.jpg

International Health Insurance

All F-1 undergraduate students are required by immigration regulations to maintain a US health insurance policy. Anderson University will include the price of the insurance on the tuition bill each semester. The cost of the insurance is $867.00 per semester for the 24/25 academic year.

Medical insurance is mandatory for all undergraduate international students and any graduate international athlete, graduate or research assistant are charged this fee along with their tuition and fees. The medical insurance for F1 students cannot be waived and is required for all students.

Medical insurance is important for all international students because the medical system in the United States is not socialized. For those students who have medical insurance from your home country, you are still required to purchase and maintain a health insurance plan purchased from a company within the US. Hospitals and doctors in the United States do not have to honor international insurance plans, even if you are fully covered by your home country’s insurance plan. Therefore, all undergraduate international students must pay for this health insurance, which will be included in their tuition bill each semester.

There are no exceptions to this policy since all F-1 undergraduate students are required to have medical insurance for immigration compliance. Anderson University also has a comprehensive Health Service office called Thrive, which services the entire campus with minor ailments. Therefore, for any minor illness or sickness, the professionals at Thrive can normally help you. However, medical insurance is required to cover doctor’s visits and other medical treatments.

Even if you have medical insurance from your home country, you will be billed for mandatory health insurance at Anderson University while you are enrolled at Anderson University. There are no exceptions to the mandatory health insurance policy for undergraduates and graduate athletes, graduate assistants or research assistants. 

For fall 2024 coverage is from 7/1/24 to 12/31/24 and for the spring semester coverage is from 1/1/25 to 6/30/25.

Graduate Students- All international students on an F1 visa who are athletes, graduate assistants, or research assistants must purchase the international heath insurance fee. All other graduates are not required to purchase the insurance but need to purchase their own insurance policy for F1’s while in the US. 

Anderson University Contacts

For medical insurance inquires, questions, and claims assistance, please contact:

W. Ed Duvall, MS, AT, CWPC
Executive Director of University Wellness

1-864-231-5540  |  Email 

For international student support and university partners:

Dr. Ann Margaret J. Themistocleous, Ph.D., PDSO
Director, Center for Global Engagement

1-864-231-2141  |  Email 

For student account and billing inquiries, please contact:

Tracy Brown
Director of Anderson Central and Student Accounts

1-864-231-2860  |  Email 

Thrive Resources

Medical Providers are seen by appointment.
Call to schedule an appointment.


Monday – Friday - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm

thrive logo