trojan watermark.jpg


trojan watermark.jpg


You may be entitled to a refund due to excess financial aid, a change in residency, withdrawal from the university or other reasons. Discover the best way to receive your refund.

PLEASE NOTE:  Allow 2 – 3 weeks for the processing of refunds.  Paper check payments will delay the processing of your refund up to 7 business days.

Tuition and Course Refunds:

There are a range of reasons that you may be eligible for a refund including:

  • excess of financial aid
  • change in residency status
  • dropping courses
  • changing to part-time status or hour reduction
  • withdrawing from the university

Withdrawal and Refund Dates:

It is important that you review the Academic Calendar should you decide to drop or withdraw from a course. Withdrawing from courses can have both academic and financial impact. We recommend that you reach out to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, your Academic Advisor and the Anderson Central Office before you withdraw.

Receiving your Refund:

Direct deposit to your bank account is the most convenient way to receive your student account refunds. Set up a direct deposit through your Enterprise Account via Workday under View All Apps and  Finances. Otherwise, a paper check will be issued. If your address is incorrect, a request to update your contact information can be sent to Anderson Central from your AU campus email.

Parent PLUS Loans:

If you are expecting a refund from a Parent PLUS loan, the refund will go to the parent unless otherwise specified on the Parent PLUS application. A paper check will be issued to the parent at the address indicated on the PLUS loan application.  If the address for the parent is incorrect, the parent must submit a signed, written statement to Anderson Central with the student’s name, ID and the correct address.

Reissued Checks and Stop Payments:

You may request a stop payment on your refund check and begin the process of reissuing another check if:

  • it never arrived after 14 days
  • was lost or stolen
  • was destroyed
  • has an expired/stale date

When you submit a stop payment request to Anderson Central, please note, the process may take up to 14 days. If your address is incorrect, a request to update your contact information can be sent to Anderson Central from your AU campus email.

Declining Your Financial Aid:

Please contact the Anderson Central Office for instructions on returning a refund check if you do not want to accept your financial aid funds. If you wish to decline your financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.

Unclaimed or Undeliverable Refunds:

Cash Checks in a Timely Manner

Federal regulations require you to cash a federally funded (Title IV) refund check within a timely manner and all refund checks expire 180 days from the issue date of the check.  Anderson Central will attempt to notify you beginning at 90 days of any uncashed refund checks. If your refund check expires with no action from you, the refund check will be cancelled and the funds returned to the appropriate loan or grant programs.

Undeliverable Checks

Refunds are issued to the address on your student account. You are responsible for keeping your personal contact information up to date by notifying Anderson Central of any changes in regards to name, address and phone number.

If your refund check is returned to Anderson University, we will contact you by way of your campus email asking you to update your address.

Unclaimed non-Title IV student refunds will be forwarded to the State Treasurer’s Office Unclaimed Property Program.

Contact Us

Anderson Central
(864) 231-2070
(864) 231-2008
316 Boulevard
Anderson, South Carolina 29621