We are stronger together
Welcome home, Anderson University family ... and to the next step in the Journey Ahead!
Journey Ahead protocols for the beginning of the 2021-2022 academic year have been finalized. Please check your email for these important details.
The Anderson University COVID-19 Task Force strongly encourages that our faculty, staff and students, in consultation with their health care provider, receive one of the available and FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccines. (Information about vaccination is available by clicking here. To secure a vaccination appointment in South Carolina, click here.)
Anderson University remains committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and the greater community. Because of the uncertain nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, policies are subject to change. Please continue to check this site regularly.
Journey Ahead Resources
Journey Ahead Protocols At A Glance
- Masks and/or face coverings are encouraged, but not required on the Anderson University campus.
- Masks and/or face coverings are optional while outdoors.
- Students should bring several masks and/or face covering with them to campus, and keep them on hand at all times.
- Circumstances can change, and masks may be required should the public health environment change worsen.
- To the extent possible, keep at least three feet of physical distance between yourself and others.
- The University is not requiring faculty, staff, or students be vaccinated.
- However, the University strongly recommends vaccination as a way to protect against COVID-19 and reducing its spread.
- Anderson University is operating with the expectation that faculty, staff, and students will make informed individual choices on how to protect themselves, their families, and our campus community.
- The University is not requiring COVID-19 testing prior to the fall semester.
- Faculty, staff, and students should assess their personal health prior to arriving on campus. Those with symptoms of any sickness should not come to campus and contact a medical provider for further guidance.
- During the semester, COVID-19 testing will be available to students through Thrive Wellness Center in coordination with multiple local labs.
- The following campus activities and locations will return to normal operations and capacity, including:
- Dining areas
- Residence halls
- Thrift Library
- Intramural sports
- Student Center
- Large, indoor gatherings (75 or more) may have some capacity limitations, though we are increasing capacity limits in place during the 2020-2021 academic year. For example, Campus Worship and South Carolina School of the Arts performances and rehearsals may require capacity limitations.
Safeguards for You & Our Community
Thank you for your willingness to adhere to the safety guidelines.
are required in some circumstances.
when you or someone in your household are sick.
To the extent possible, keep three feet of distance from others.
and disinfect surfaces regularly.
your hands often! At least 20 seconds.
your health daily for any symptoms.
coughs and sneezes! Trash used tissues.
how COVID-19 spreads. Avoid being exposed.
The Journey Ahead is just getting started.
The Journey Ahead, Anderson University’s “stronger together” approach to managing COVID-19, is developed by the COVID-19 Task Force and its working groups. Protocols are developed in consideration of recommendations provided by public health experts, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC).
Protocols are subject to change, and this site is updated regularly. Please visit often for the latest information and guidelines.