Find Your Program


trojan watermark.jpg


trojan watermark.jpg

Work Study FAQ’s

What is Federal Work Study (FWS)?

Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded program administered by Anderson University that enables students to earn money while attending school.

What is Anderson University Work Study (AUWS)?

Anderson University Work Study (AUWS) is institutional money awarded to students that may or may not be eligible for FWS.

What are the eligibility requirements?

Federal Work Study and Anderson University Work Study are awarded as part of your financial aid package and give you the opportunity to earn the amount of your Federal Work Study award. To remain eligible for FWS and AUWS, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 and must be meeting all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements as outlined in the AU Academic Catalog. Every student is required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year in order to be awarded financial aid. Eligibility for work-study is determined by your financial need, which is based on the FAFSA.

What types of jobs are available?

Many jobs on and off campus will be available to students in the academic year. Those on campus include: library, computer labs, tutor labs, housing, bookstore, ministries, intramurals, post office, admissions, etc. Students may also work as departmental assistants. Off campus positions are also available. Positions are available to students willing to work for local schools in our community at America Reads/America Counts and AVID programs. America Reads/America Counts and AVID programs are mentoring programs through which University students tutor elementary, middle, and high school students at their schools.

How do I apply for a Work Study job?

You will need to submit the Work Study Application and a copy of your resume to the Office of Financial Aid Planning. You can find the application on our website under Admission & Financial Aid / Freshmen / Financial Aid & Scholarships / Work Study Program.

What paperwork is required and where can I find it?

All paperwork is completed with the Work Study Coordinator at the time of your training. Once you have been hired in a department, the Supervisor will need to email the Work Study Coordinator to confirm you have been hired. Then you will need to set up an appointment with the Work Study Coordinator to complete training.

How many hours am I allowed to work?

Freshmen are eligible to work up to 10 hours per week during the academic year and upper classman are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year as long as you have remaining FWS or AUWG award. It is your responsibility to budget your hours for the whole semester so you do not run out of eligibility.

What will my pay be?

You will need to discuss your individual pay with the Work Study Coordinator. However, most jobs on campus begin pay at minimum wage with the possibility of a raise at the end of each academic year.

How do I get paid for the hours that I work?

To receive your paycheck, you are required to complete a student timesheet at the end of every month. Timesheets can be found by clicking on the “timesheet” link. Both the student and supervisor portions must be completed before turning it into the Office of Financial Aid Planning. You will be paid on the 15th of each month. You will not receive a paycheck unless the appropriate paper work has been completed before turning in a completed timesheet.