March 23, 2020
Below are the details for the upcoming move-out process. Please read all the steps carefully. Although we have set a two-week move out schedule, we understand that some of you may not be able to get back to campus during that time. If you would like to schedule a move-out time that falls outside of the two-week window, please contact the Residence Life Office by phone or email to arrange for an alternative time.
If you are unable to return to campus in the next two weeks, please complete this form to request permission to leave your belongings in your room until the end of the semester.
We will be in touch with you as soon as possible regarding any additional instructions.
Move Out Instructions
- Selecting a move-out time:
- There will be three move-out periods per day: 10:00am, 2:00pm, and 6:00pm.
- Each building will have a limited number of appointments available for each move out period.
- You will have a three-hour window to move your belongings out of your room.
- When selecting a time, we ask that you confer with your roommates/suitemates and do your best to avoid having everyone moving out at the same time.
- As stated above, if you cannot find a time that works for your schedule, please contact the Residence Life Office.
- Complete this form to select your move out time: Move Out Time
- The move-out process:
- We ask that you move your things out of your room in a timely manner.
- To help with maintaining social distance, you will only be allowed to bring two individuals to assist with moving out, but each individual must meet the criteria to enter the building. No one may enter the building if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or are considered high-risk of exposure as outlined by the CDC and DHEC.
- Remove all personal items from your room and place all trash in the dumpsters outside of your living area. Please do not leave trash or unwanted items anywhere except for in the dumpsters.
- When you are finished moving out, please complete the online Express Check Out form. You will receive a link to the form after you select a move out time. We recommend completing this form while standing in your room as it will ask you to submit photos of your room. This form will allow you to report any damaged items in your room and will also notify the Residence Life Office that you have completed the move-out process.
- After completing the form, go to the specific location for your building (see list below) to drop off your key. In your designated location, you will find a key box and key envelopes. Write your name, ID number, building, and room number on the outside of the envelope. Place your keys in the envelope, seal it and drop it in the key box.
- Key drop off locations:
- Village Basement and Upper Village: Village Lobby
- Kingsley: Kingsley Lobby
- Lawton and Rouse: Rouse Lobby
- Pratt: Pratt Lobby
- Denmark: Denmark Lobby
- New Suites: New Suites Lobby
- Gaston: Gaston Lobby
- Royce: Royce Lobby
- Clamp: Clamp Lobby
- Whitaker: Whitaker Lobby
- Stinger A-E: Laundry Room
- Townhomes: Leave keys on your desk
Our staff will be available to assist you with any questions you have pertaining to your move out. If you need to speak with someone during normal office hours (8:30am-4:30pm) please call 864-622-6011. After 4:30pm, please call 864-622-6060.
Please know that our team is available to help you in any way that we can. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have a question or concern.
We will miss all of you and look forward to seeing you back on campus in August!
AU Residence Life Team