Associate Vice President for Business and Industry Engagement and Major Gifts Officer
Anderson University invites applications for Associate Vice President for Business and Industry Engagement and Major Gifts Officer. The University seeks a visionary individual with a strong, Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier, comprehensive university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President for Development and Presidential Affairs, this position is expected to advance the mission of Anderson University by assisting the Senior Vice President in providing strategic leadership with business and industry for the Office of Development and serve as a major gifts officer.
- Assist the Senior Vice President for Development and Presidential Affairs in designing and implementing strategies to engage business and industry.
- Secure and steward leadership and major gifts from alumni, businesses, parents, and University friends for annual, endowed, and capital priorities.
- Provide leadership and implementation of a proactive development plan for the Board of Visitors.
- Maintain a portfolio of 75-100 major donor prospects.
- Assist the Development Team in developing new donor relationships with special emphasis on securing annual gifts at the President’s Club Level or higher for the Anderson Fund to reach and/or exceed our annual unrestricted fundraising goals.
- Assist the Development Office in corporate and foundation relations.
- Assist with the cultivation of prospective members for the Board of Regents, Parent Association, Parent Leadership Council, Alumni Board, and Trojan Athletic Fund.
- Work with the Office of Development Team to plan and execute University events, activities and initiatives in support of the university goals and objectives.
- Represent the University to its various constituencies and the public to foster a positive public image for the University and to encourage support of its mission.
- Assist in departmental marketing efforts, strategic messaging and donor communications.
- Assist in departmental planning and goal setting.
- Work with other University staff, faculty and departments in advancing their development goals.
- Report weekly activities to the Senior Vice President.
- Assist with the Annual Planning and Assessment Report for the Development Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum requirement; Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Development experience with a strong understanding of higher education.
- Exceptional organizational and people skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, goal-oriented.
- Appropriate technology skills.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, at least three references complete with contact information and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to:
Mr. Wayne Landrith
Senior Vice President for Development and Presidential Affairs
Anderson, SC 29621
Confidential electronic submissions may be sent to: email@example.com.
About our Commitment to Diversity
Anderson University is committed to developing a diverse campus and culture that is reflective of God’s Kingdom and biblical unity. Anderson University does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other basis on which the University is prohibited from discrimination under local, state, or federal law, in its employment or in the provision of its services, including but not limited to its programs and activities, admissions, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other University-administered programs. In order to fulfill its purpose, the University may legally discriminate on the basis of religion in employment. The University has been granted exemption from certain regulations promulgated under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 which conflict with the University's religious tenets.
Please direct inquiries about our commitment to diversity to Dr. L. Dianne King, Associate Vice President for Student Development/Dean of Student Success/ Title IX Coordinator, Thrift Library Office 203, 316 Boulevard, Anderson, SC 29621, (864) 231-2026, firstname.lastname@example.org. or to the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education at email@example.com.