Anderson University’s Office of Marketing and Communication invites applications for a full-time position as Web & Digital Marketing Manager. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Anderson University (AU) seeks a passionate, hardworking, detail-oriented Web & Digital Marketing Manager. The Web & Digital Marketing Manager position reports to the Associate Vice President for Marketing and Communication and is responsible for the management, development, metrics and strategy surrounding the AU primary EDU website, email marketing and other digital media platforms. This position is responsible for front-end development and theming and digital marketing and requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, and so on).
The best candidates have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive design is a must. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is preferred.
- Manage the day-to-day updates and additions to multiple AU websites as needed.
- Manage templates and styles to ensure consistent styling across platforms and browsers.
- Work closely with members of the Marketing and Communications team on website projects of various scales, including daily updates/refreshing of content and design of new pages & templates
- Facilitate Drupal training in CMS across campus.
- Serve as liaison and primary contact for outside vendors and contractors, including third-party website developers. Work with vendors to create and implement new functionality as needed to accommodate organizational needs.
- Implement industry-standard maintenance and updates to ensure website infrastructure is up-to-date and secure, accessible and responsive for mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot website and integrated application issues and work towards their quick resolution.
- Utilize web analytics and create and implement plans to drive conversions, improve visitor interactions, and optimize performance of web properties and evaluate ROI for all initiatives.
- Become the university expert on accessibility issues and compliance. Lead other web managers on campus on best practices.
- Develop attractive branded email templates and design/upload/send emails through MailChimp and/or Slate to communicate with external and internal audiences.
- Help with identifying potential advertisers and developing and implementing digital campaigns.
- Maintain the AU digital media library.
- Maintain effective integration with Slate using Ping and monitor activity. Develop reports and learn best practices with the Slate CRM.
- Serve as key driver in the optimization of search engine performance.
- Monitor and report site traffic and user behavior alerting the marketing team of concerns and opportunities.
- Manage updates and additions to the Media Wall and Digital Signage on campus.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated skills in site building with Drupal.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Extremely fluent with HTML5/XHTML and CSS
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Graphic design, the ability to create and update graphical elements that match the existing design template. Create new design elements
- Some experience with Drupal upgrades and maintenance.
- Project management experience, must be able to manage multiple projects and deliver accurate timelines.
- Facilitate Drupal training in CMS across campus
- Ability to learn 3rd party systems and internal systems styling to convert web interfaces to match our existing brand.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging digital/electronic technologies.
- Strong computer skills to include: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and web content management systems.
For full consideration, please include the following:
- cover letter
- sample email blasts
- links to websites you are responsible for
- contact information for three references
- Anderson University Staff Application (located on our website)
Applications by email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No paper applications or phone calls please.