Anderson University is seeking a passionate Marketing Media Specialist -Videographer/Photographer to tell compelling stories of a growing university built on the pillars of Great Academics; Great Faith; Great Hospitality; and Great Purpose. This position plays a key role in a collaborative team of professional communicators and with a wide variety of stakeholders, and reports to the Executive Director of Public Relations. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Marketing Media Specialist will produce daily/weekly short-term and long-term strategic video and photography assets as identified by the Office of Marketing and Communications to inform and entertain stakeholder audiences including staff and other professional audiences, as well as students and their families. The key to these stories is the desire to recruit new students, contribute to fundraising efforts and continue Anderson University’s rapid growth.
The Specialist will field and manage strategic video and photography needs for other departments around campus, as directed solely by the Office of Marketing and Communications, but in close collaboration with departments/colleges and attendant stakeholders.
The Specialist will work independently on conceptualization, recruiting talent, staging scenes, capture and edit video or stills for the Anderson University websites, social media channels, YouTube, Vimeo, media outlets, vendors, and other additional distribution channels as directed, and serve as lead in maintaining and updating YouTube and Vimeo social accounts with best in class strategies.
University Branding and Communication
- Collaboratively develops concepts for strategic visual communications including planning and content creation of large-scale projects such as Commencement, Base Camp, Welcome Week, school and community wide assemblies or conferences and other events.
- Maintain and manage video and still photography library and archives.
- Serve as manager for live streaming events, including the lead in set-up, promotion and post production needs. Many of these events happen on evenings and weekends.
- Conceptualize, capture and edit video content for capital campaign, alumni communication and additional needs for the Office of Development.
- Create and develop media calendar for the media wall and digital signage in the student center.
- Serve as the lead for annual photo and video shoots as well as special projects conceived by the office of marketing and communications.
- Serve as photographer for both staged and candid shots of faculty, staff, and students. Pictures will fulfill needs for recruitment marketing.
- Capture and edit video to build out a content rich university website for recruitment and fundraising.
- Capture and edit video and images for homepage and headers for website.
- Conceptualize, capture and edit video content to introduce academic programs to prospective students and families.
- Conceptualize, capture and edit video content for recruitment communication plans in collaboration with the Office of Admission.
- Provide analysis on the use and effectiveness of video social media channels and be the university expert on best practices.
- Maintain editorial calendar working with the student social media team to enhance social channel presence with video and still content.
- Conceptualize, capture and edit video or still content for digital marketing templates and social media advertising.
- Collaborate with the Office of Admission on social media strategies along with the student social media team and the Executive Director of Public Relations.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- The successful candidate will possess a positive, professional demeanor and will be expected to contribute to the department through collaborative and proactive participation in meetings, by contributing thoughtful project ideas and generally supporting a respectful and collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in video production or closely affiliated field. Education in communications and marketing to supplement the video production degree would be a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in producing high volume and high-quality videos and photography.
- Demonstrated success in producing compelling storytelling through video through a link to samples of your work is required. Storytelling examples in both short form (30 seconds or less) to long form is desired.
- Strong skills in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Technical mastery of DSLR systems as well as other video equipment.
- Experience in livestreaming setup and live event switching.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to engage the subjects of the video and photography for maximized results, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues and others.
- Strong creative writing skills a definite plus as some writing is required.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and deadline driven work setting, many times juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively within the Communications team as well as other departments on campus.
- Experience with VR technology and content development a plus
- Experience flying and filming with professional-level drones a plus
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all staff are considered role models for Anderson University students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with Anderson University students.
- Working environment involves duties that require sitting or standing for hours at a time using a computer/laptop and other technology; working under time constraints to meet deadlines, ability to lift supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. unassisted; bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing; ability to walk up and downs stairs; potential for exposure to adverse weather.
To ensure full consideration, please submit letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with this information, please supply examples of your video and photography work. For each work example provided, please describe your role.