Anderson University’s Events and Guest Services invites applications for a full-time position as Manager. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks a candidate with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
- Facilitate appropriate communication between clients and other internal service providers and collaborate with campus departments to ensure availability and coordination of facilities and delivery of services necessary for successful events.
- Plan and coordinate services required to support events scheduled through Guest Services, including services required from vendors, rental equipment suppliers and audio/visual providers; ensure proper on-site event management for all events.
- Represent Guest Services and assist other departments in the coordination and planning of major campus events.
- Develop and manage schedules for student workers.
- Manage daily tasks within scheduling software.
- Provide timely response to inquiries for space.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure University Events & Guest Services achieves its goals and objectives.
- Contribute to high level of customer service.
- Supervise Student Worker team.
- Participates in departmental meetings and committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department, division and entire campus.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- 1-2 years’ event planning experience in hospitality or higher education industry preferred.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation) and ability to quickly establish and maintain strong rapport with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills to ensure achievement of goals and delivery of expected outcomes.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong reasoning skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to resolve problems.
- Ability to actively listen and provide exceptional customer service.
- Proven ability in taking initiative and works well under pressure.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with sensitive, confidential materials.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed for events and projects.
- Skill with building, maintaining and analyzing moderately complex spreadsheets, especially Excel.
- Basic accounting knowledge and familiarity with budgets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelors’ Degree is preferred.
- Experience with 25Live or comparable scheduling software is preferred.
- Position reports directly to the Director of University Events and Guest Services.
- Works closely with Students, faculty and staff throughout the institution.
Physical and Mental Effort
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule (e.g., nights and/or weekends) to meet requirements of the position.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with students, faculty, staff, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
- Ability to lift and move items for event set up, tear down and maintenance (25-40 lbs.).
- Position is mostly sedentary, but at times may need to stand for lengthy time.
- Able to work events indoors and outdoors through various weather conditions.
Regular Work Hours/Travel Requirements
- Regular and predictable attendance, normally daily, and timely attention to assigned duties.
- Occasional travel on behalf of the program and/or the university.
- Standard University work hours are an average of 40 hours per week.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
University Events & Guest Services
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Electronic submissions are preferred.