Anderson University invites applications for the position of Maintenance Technician in Campus Facilities. This is a full-time, twelve-month position. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled construction, maintenance, modification and repair activities in assigned maintenance operation areas.
- Perform a wide variety of work independently to ensure that the infrastructures of the University are maintained in a safe and effective working condition.
- Perform work in all skill sets related to operational and maintenance areas, depending upon the immediate needs of the University.
- Perform basic repair and maintenance activities.
- Use hand and power tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work independently or in a team situation.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, managers, and campus staff.
- Perform semi-skilled construction, modification, maintenance and repair work on a variety of building systems.
- Troubleshoot basic maintenance problems and determine solutions independently.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Preferred Technical Degree in related field.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Basic knowledge in the HVAC, electrical and plumbing trades.
For consideration, send letter of application, resume, contact information of three references and completed Anderson University Staff application to:
David Carter, Director of Physical Plant
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications may be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org