Anderson University’s Library invites applications for a full-time position as Library Acquisitions Specialist. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The Library Acquisitions Specialist is responsible for overseeing acquisition of library resources both physical and digital. The Library Acquisitions Specialist also assists in Technical Services (management of print and electronic collections).
- Oversee Acquisitions. Find and order all new print and physical library resources using a variety of library vendors using a variety of software programs. Oversee unpacking and verification of deliveries. Oversee claims and returns. Track orders and pursue unfilled orders. Handle faculty and liaison requests and alert them to status of orders.
- Create and maintain all acquisitions data and reports.
- Work with library faculty and staff to order and process print binding.
- Purchase of supplies used in processing new materials.
- Supervise and train part time technical services assistant(s) and student workers.
- Assist with annual inventory.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of standard library automation tools and methods. including Ex Libris products Alma, Primo,
- Knowledge of acquisitions processes and vendors such as EBSCO and ProQuest.
- Knowledge of secretarial duties.
- Minor supervisory skills.
- Multiple computer skills – data entry and update, database creation and maintenance.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills preferred.
- 2 years working in technical services, purchasing or similar environment.
- Two year college degree.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit a letter of application, completed application, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references electronically to Dana Whelchel at: