Anderson University and the Center for Innovation and Digital Learning invite applications for a full-time Learning Experience Designer with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning. The position is full-time, twelve-month, and the start date is January 2019. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts institution affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
The Learning Experience Designer will aid faculty in the design and delivery of high quality online, blended, and seated learning experiences through the application of learning sciences and instructional design. The position will collaborate with faculty, staff, and administrators to develop and maintain courses and programs that integrate sound pedagogy and emerging technologies to support AU’s vision to be “innovative, entrepreneurial, and premier” in its academic programming. The Learning Experience Designer will especially support sound outcomes and assessment practices in courses and programs through ongoing reviews, consultations, and contributions to faculty development initiatives.
- Collaborate with faculty in assigned disciplines to design and develop engaging, pedagogically-sound online and hybrid courses.
- Evaluate and ensure assigned online and blended courses meet internal standards and that assessments are valid and reliable.
- Coordinate with Media Specialist and student workers to develop engaging multimedia and interactive content for courses.
- Hold individual training and coaching sessions with faculty on using the LMS, online pedagogy, and assessment strategies.
- Contribute to faculty development workshops and offerings, especially regarding outcomes and assessment strategies.
- Consult with leaders in the area of online and continuous learning on related issues to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree required; instructional design, assessment, and teaching experience preferred.
- Possess in-depth understanding of instructional design and emerging technology issues.
- Experience using a variety of teaching, learning, and assessment strategies.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (Canvas preferred).
- Ability to work effectively, decisively and flexibly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines. Highly motivated and be able to work on own initiative.
Screening will begin immediately and continue until the job is filled.
To ensure full consideration, please send electronic copies of a letter of application, resume, at least three references complete with contact information and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to: