Anderson University invites applications for the part-time position of Journey Coach. Anderson University is an innovative and entrepreneurial comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The Journey Coach serves as a “one-stop” enrollment services contact for each assigned post traditional applicant for admission, and assigned enrolled students, with the goal of providing personalized support from application to graduation. They will provide exceptional customer service with a proactive approach to serving post-traditional students, continually identifying opportunities for improvement.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop a professional relationship with each assigned post-traditional applicant from the point of application through completion of the degree program.
- Daily monitor incomplete applications and newly received application documents (transcripts, recommendations letters, etc.) for an assigned group of students. Provide the necessary reminders to assist with the completion of the application for admission.
- Provide official transcript evaluations for post-traditional prospective students to determine program eligibility and create an individualized Academic Plan for each student
Academic Advising and Student Support
- Be exceedingly familiar with assigned post-traditional degree programs. Need to be the expert for pre-requisites and steps to enrollment for each program assigned.
- Complete cross-training for other post-traditional degree programs.
- Become very familiar with post-traditional course rotation including course frequency and location.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Self Service, PowerCampus, Canvas, and the PowerFaids web report.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required or commensurate experience working with post-traditional students. Candidate should have strong customer service experience and a demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement. Recruiting/sales experience is preferred with the ability to relate the college experience and benefits of a postsecondary education to prospective students. A working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, and Microsoft Office applications is required. Experience with database software and a working knowledge of SCT Power Campus is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail is also required.
Submit a letter of interest, resume and Anderson University Staff Application to email@example.com (preferred) or mail these documents to:
Chesley Tench, Supervisor of Journey Coaches
Anderson, SC 29621