Anderson University’s Information Technology Office invites applications for the full-time position of Helpdesk Technician Tier I. Anderson University has a history as a technological leader amongst comprehensive, liberal arts institutions. Anderson is ranked as the #7 Most Innovative University in its region and has twice been named an Apple Distinguished School. Anderson University is affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Helpdesk Technician Tier I position provides technical support to faculty, staff and students as needed. This includes the maintenance, repair and replacement of individual work stations and printers utilized by staff, faculty and student workers. The position reports to the Director of Information Systems.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Provide support for Windows and MAC computers.
- Set up computer and printers at client offices across campus and at remote locations.
- Maintain and service computers and technology in computer labs, classrooms, and conference rooms.
- General application support including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office 365 products, Outlook email and calendaring, various email clients, video conferencing, Android and Apple phones and tablets, all major browsers and other common PC troubleshooting tools.
- Assist with Active Directory operations including password changes.
- Ensure proper encryption of devices using Microsoft Bitlocker Administration and File Vault.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot basic network connections on computers and mobile devices.
- Assist with faculty/staff and student printing issues.
- Frequently involves access to individual network and software passwords, server passwords, and exposure to confidential personal, educational, and financial information contained in databases to verify whether a computer workstation or server is performing at optimum level.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Systems.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- B.S. in related field or 2 years relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, mobile devices; different operating systems including Windows 10 and MAC OS; wired and wireless networking; setting up profiles.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Ability to diagnose computer and network software problems in a systematic manner.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with customers with diverse needs and a variety of end-user skill sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; phone etiquette; people and customer service oriented skills.
- Ability to use clerical skills to compile reports, maintain active files, update supervisors about the status of repairs, and to maintain computer/printer inventory files.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to: