Anderson University’s Enrollment Services invites applications for a full-time position as Enrollment Counselor. This position is located at the University Center in Greenville. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Enrollment Counselor will serve as a “one-stop” enrollment services contact for post-traditional applicants for admission, with the aim of meeting enrollment goals and providing personalized support from application to creation of the first class schedule. The Counselor must provide exceptional customer service and a proactive approach to serving post-traditional students through the admissions process, continually identifying opportunities for improvement.
Admission and Enrollment
- Develop a professional relationship with each assigned post-traditional applicant from the point of application through creation of the first schedule of classes.
- Contact all new applicants by phone within 24 hours of applying and follow-up with them at least once per week.
- Daily monitor incomplete applications and newly received application documents (transcripts, recommendations letters, etc.) for an assigned group of students. Provide the necessary reminders to assist with the completion of the application for admission.
- Introduce assigned post-traditional students to the financial aid process including FAFSA, TMS payment plan, employer reimbursement, and other appropriate forms of financial assistance.
- Upon completion of each admission application file, make admission decision recommendations for admission to the university and specific degree programs, based on designated admission guidelines.
- When necessary, provide College Deans or Graduate Program Directors the required supporting documents to make final admission decisions for their respective programs.
- Provide admitted students with clear next steps for submitting enrollment deposits and confirmation forms, financial agreements, class registration, Self-Service login, financial aid, etc.
- Work with Journey Coaches to complete transcript evaluations and create students’ initial schedules.
- Register admitted students for their first schedule upon submission of the financial agreement.
- Ensure a smooth transition from the Enrollment Counselor to the Journey Coach after initial registration is complete.
- Be very familiar with assigned post-traditional degree programs. Must be the expert for pre-requisites and steps to enrollment for each program assigned. Cross-train with other programs.
- Navigate Slate (CRM) and Power Campus (Student Information System/SIS) to track applicants, access student records and complete registration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
- Strong customer service experience and a demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Recruiting/sales experience is preferred with the ability to relate the college experience and the benefits of a postsecondary education to prospective students.
- Working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, and Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with database software and a working knowledge of SCT Power Campus preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail required.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to connect, motivate, and inspire people is essential. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team required.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to: