Anderson University’s Athletics Department invites applications for a full-time position as Director of Sports Medicine. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Director of Sports Medicine is responsible for the administration of the sports medicine health care delivery system for all student-athletes in the intercollegiate sports programs at Anderson University.
- Provides athletic training services to specified sports and attend practices and competitions as needed. Ultimately responsible for the oversight and coordination of medical coverage for all team events.
- Acts as a liaison between athletes, coaches, health care personnel and administrators, and works directly with team physicians and other professionals regarding the physical injury and substance abuse treatment of athletes.
- Supervises, assists and evaluates other certified athletic trainers, as well as all work study students
- Develops and monitors the athletic training program budget
- Applies protective devices and equipment, as needed
- Organizes and facilitates annual pre-participation physicals
- Develops injury prevention programs and procedures and oversees the rehabilitation of injured athletes
- Makes referrals to appropriate medical personnel as needed
- Maintains treatment records, injury reports, and student-athlete insurance paperwork for assigned teams
- Selects, orders, and supervises the maintenance of athletic training equipment and inventory
- Administers the sports medicine policies and procedures
- Facilitates random drug and alcohol testing
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in continuing education courses, professional organizations, seminars and workshops
- Participates in the selection of students for the athletic training program
- Coordinates the maintenance of all OSHA requirements for the Sports Medicine Department
- Develops and maintains good communication and working relationships with coaches, administrators, co-workers, student-athletes, parents, and contacts in the community
- Possesses a strong commitment to quality relationships, warmth, and excellence; Christ-like service is essential. Must have a mature and contagious Christian faith
- Displays commitment to the academic and Christ-focused mission of Anderson University
- Works with a diverse student population and demonstrates a commitment to the holistic growth and development of students
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Must possesses a Master’s of Science Degree from a CAATE approved Athletic Training curriculum
- Must maintain current State and BOC requirements for licensure to practice
- Must maintain current Professional CPR standards
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three professional references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application electronically to: