Anderson University’s Office of Online and Continuous Learning invites applications for a full-time position as Director of Marketing and Communications for Online and Continuous Learning. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier, comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The Director coordinates and supervises, either directly or indirectly, all marketing, communication and recruiting efforts in the Office of Online and Continuous Learning (OCL) to ensure enrollment and activity goals are met on an ongoing basis and that department personnel act ethically and with integrity in all activities. The Director coordinates with OCL Leadership team in all areas related to enrollment operations of post-traditional learning.
The Director is responsible for the maintenance of superior customer service, publications inventory and all social media, digital and print communication flow with prospective and current students; visits and events coordination; and other duties as assigned. The Director also manages the marketing and communications budget in coordination with the OCL leadership team.
Marketing and Communications (60%)
- Collaborates with the OCL leadership team in developing a marketing strategy and communication plan.
- Collaborates with the OCL leadership team for communicating with external partners or agencies for lead generation and marketing.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive social media roadmap & strategy to increase Anderson University’s awareness and interactivity to post-traditional students. Creates a written plan to document progress of strategy and roadmap.
- Collaborates with OCL Leadership and Marketing to develop and maintain an OCL website, e-marketing and email communication initiatives for student recruitment.
- Assists in managing the marketing and communications budget for OCL.
- Reports weekly and monthly on campaign effectiveness and ROI to maximize productivity.
- Continuously assesses the efficacy of marketing materials, campaigns, and partners (e.g., agencies, firms or lead providers).
- Identifies and rolls out marketing needs for a variety of marketing mediums.
- Serves as the primary point of contact between marketing agencies and creative services for OCL marketing.
- Manages the development and delivery of admissions-related publications and promotional materials, including both print and web-based/electronic formats.
- Develops and revises marketing, recruiting and application materials on an ongoing basis with support from creative services.
- Assists in the development, maintenance and execution of OCL’s communication plan for prospective and admitted students.
- Coordinates daily communications to prospective students, applicants and incoming students. This includes electronic and print copy and support of e-marketing and social media campaigns.
Moves Management (20%)
- Develops and monitors statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting and operational efficiency.
- Develops system and processes for providing daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports related to OCL enrollment operations.
- Communicates and develops, monitors and reports recruiting and admissions goals.
- Develops and provides reports of marketing and advertising spends with all stages of the enrollment process.
- Collaborates with OCL leadership team and other units (e.g., Information Technology and third-party vendors) to provide data for OCL enrollment goals.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of data entry and data processing.
- Ability to identify and cultivate relationships with external partners (corporate, health care and education providers).
- Develops and manages the budget for enrollment operations in collaboration with OCL leadership team.
- Collaborates with the OCL leadership team to develop an OCL recruiting schedule based on marketing strategy and enrollment goals.
- Collaborates with the OCL team to develop leads and identify partnership opportunities with corporations and healthcare and educational providers to engage AU in corporate partnership offerings.
- Attends recruiting events as needed.
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned.
- Monitors trends in social media channels, tools and applications, and applies that knowledge to increasing the use of social media for OCL.
- Interacts regularly with Enrollment CRM, Student Information System and other relevant campus technologies for greatest effectiveness.
- Collaborates with OCL team to continually conduct market research.
- Assists with on-going assessment and evaluation of data and trends.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required (Master’s preferred).
- Demonstrated understanding and aptitude with recruitment and admissions in higher education.
- Knowledge of corporate, state and federal regulations and policies for Recruitment and Admissions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work within a team.
- Recruiting/sales experience is preferred.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.