Anderson University’s Student Development Office invites applications for a full-time, position as Associate Director, Center for Career Development/Director, Quality Enhancement Program. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The University seeks a candidate with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The Associate Director works closely with the Director of the Center for Career Development (CCD) to manage the daily operations of the office in addition to providing leadership to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP). The Associate Director manages a comprehensive array of student-centered services relating to choice of major, career decision-making, and calling. The Associate Director focuses on all aspects of the career development process, which include self-assessment, exploration, and professional development.
- Manages the day to day operations of CCD office.
- Assists in research, assessment, development and execution of a collaborative employer development strategy, targeting strategic employers with the greatest potential to offer full-time employment to Anderson University students and graduates.
- Assists students in career development through group settings and in one-on-one meetings; will provide resume and cover letter reviews, mock interviews, assessment testing and interpretations to assist students in career development and calling.
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops/seminars for internal and external presentations, including seminars for academic classes as requested by faculty.
- Supports the Director of CCD in maintaining data and publishing reports for Anderson University.
- Works with Director of CCD to manage internship sites through cultivation of relationships with internship providers and assisting students in their internship search.
- Collaborates with Director of CCD for the development of employer partnerships and employer events.
- Administers and collects data for First Destination Survey through Handshake every semester.
- Will meet with the Director of CCD on a regular basis.
- Maintain a career library with information regarding self-assessment, careers, employers, graduate and professional schools.
- Will provide oversight to the online career platform for the department.
- Represents Anderson University in professional organizations and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential QEP Functions
- Supervises the CCD Assistant Director of the Signature Series & Academic Integration.
- Will serve as the leader of the QEP Implementation Team and call meetings as needed.
- Supervises and trains Student Career Coaches.
- Responsible for managing the QEP including development of attendance tracking and reporting process, development of AU PRO Canvas site, transcript notification, and assisting with the creation of Signature Series curriculum.
- Responsible for the assessment and data management of the QEP; will develop QEP reports on behalf of the institution for SACSCOC; will monitor and revise assessment processes as needed during implementation of the QEP.
- Will coordinate all aspects of the QEP Advisory Board.
- Will serve on the AU PRO Internal Assessment Board.
- Coordinates appointment of Academic Liaisons along with the Provost’s Office, Deans, and Director of CCD, and provides feedback to deans annually on Liaison performance.
- Responsible for approval of QEP budget transactions.
- Create, review and approve AU PRO promotions and website updates.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree preferred with at least two years professional experience in high quality program planning and execution; preference for previous career services experience.
- CCSP, CDF, or GCDF credential preferred.
- Trained in assessment testing and interpretation of results to assist students in career development and calling.
- Exceptional working knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet software is essential; Microsoft Office Suite programs and database software is preferred. Knowledge of the use of social media such as Linked In for job search, networking, and career development is expected.
- Preferred knowledge on implementing new software, creating webinars and utilizing platforms such as Canva, Qualtrics, and Canvas.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships externally and internally; must be capable of working with diverse groups of students, faculty, college staff, and employers.
- Organizational and time management skills are a must; individual must exercise excellent short and long term planning skills.
- An understanding of best practices and current issues in career development as well as National Association of Colleges and Employers guidelines and best practices regarding relationships with employers and internship providers.
- Knowledge and understanding of employer responsibilities in regards to internships according to federal and state laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive job-related information including student information.
- Ability to work as a part of a team is essential as well as the ability to create a warm and welcoming office atmosphere.
- A strong commitment to quality relationships, warmth, excellence, and Christ-like service is essential; must have a mature Christian faith.
- Commitment to the academic and Christ-focused mission of Anderson University is essential.
- Must be able to work with a diverse student population and demonstrate a commitment to the holistic development of students.
- Participate, as requested, in special campus programs such as orientation, open houses, etc.
- Meet periodically with Student Development staff and other campus offices.
- Position reports to the Director of CCD and works closely with other Student Development department team members.
- Interacts with students, student employees, faculty, staff, employers, guests, community organizations, businesses, full time/part time employers, internship site coordinators, and graduate school representatives.
- Must develop strong relationships with faculty, academic liaisons, and academic departments.
Physical and Mental Effort
- Majority of duties are sedentary in nature. Position requires extended periods of sitting.
- Occasional periods of light lifting (up to 20 lbs.) may be required when preparing materials and moving files and supplies.
- Prolonged use of computer terminals requires visual acuity and finger dexterity.
Regular Work Hours/Travel Requirements
- Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement.
- This is a full-time, exempt, 12-month position. Standard work schedule requires the individual to work 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, however there is an expectation of flexibility in hours to accommodate the needs of work related travel and office/department/university initiatives.
- Irregular or extended hours may be necessary requiring the individual to work later afternoon, evening, or weekend hours.
- CCD hours are subject to change based on the demand of students and office initiatives.
To ensure full consideration, please send via email: resume, cover letter, contact information for three references, and an Anderson University Staff Application to: