Anderson University’s Athletic Department invites applications for a full-time position as Assistant Coach for Women’s Soccer. Anderson University is a liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a desire to impact lives through sports and a commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be prepared to assist the head coach with the entire operation of competitive NCAA Division II collegiate women’s soccer program. These responsibilities include:
- Support and contribute to coaching efforts during practice and competitive soccer matches
- Coordinate the travel, meals, and scheduling for home and away games
- Input recruiting information into databases, maintain communication with recruits and coaches, and facilitate recruiting visits on campus
- Maintain administrative organization with compliance, budget, equipment, etc.
- Attend practices and workouts to assist with the training
- Assist in the supervision of an athletic study hall and monitoring grades and academics
- Edit film under the direction of the head coach
- Run social media to highlight the soccer program
- Attend university and athletic meetings
- Support the public relations initiatives of the department while maintaining positive relationships with alumni, students, and parents
- Encourage community involvement and promote the Anderson University
- Adhere to the rules of the NCAA and Anderson University
- Bachelor’s degree
- Goalkeeper coaching experience highly preferred
- Ability to work both independently as part of a team as necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group settings
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with and advise students
- Excellent written and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with the academic and athletic environment policies and procedures
- Strong customer service orientation, work ethic, and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient understanding of Anderson University policy and procedure, NCAA policy and procedures, and academic policies
- Ability to use student Microsoft Office
- Basic office skills including phone, copier, scanner, fax
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume and an Anderson University Staff Application to: Sarah Jacobs, Head Coach, Women’s Soccer
Applications may be sent to email@example.com. Electronic submissions are preferred.