Anderson University and the School of Physical Therapy invites applicants for a full-time, 12-month position. Position is located in the University Center in Greenville, SC. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Supports the administrative activities in the School of Physical Therapy
- Assists the SoPT Chair with administrative duties related to budget management, preparation of accreditation and university reports, new faculty/staff orientation, class scheduling, and other requested tasks.
- Performs duties of a receptionist, including answering and directing phone calls to the appropriate person, greeting guests, and providing facility tours and program information to prospective students in the Chair’s absence.
- Schedules faculty meetings and other appointments/meetings with Chair as needed.
- Records and transcribes minutes of SoPT faculty meetings.
- Maintains a calendar of events for the SoPT and performs related correspondence, facilities planning, and catering for special events.
- Maintains program files and correspondence related to students, faculty, the curriculum, graduate outcomes, and accreditation.
- Coordinates faculty travel, equipment purchases, and other program expenditures with the Dean’s Office as needed.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an area of management
- Previous secretarial or managerial experience
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Prior experience with academic software systems, budget and database management, and other computer and videoconferencing technology is highly desirable.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To ensure full consideration, a letter of application, curriculum vita, contract information from three personal references and a completed Anderson University Staff application should be sent to: