Anderson University’s Office of Academic Success invites applications for a part-time position as Academic Success Advisor. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The Academic Success Advisor is responsible for engaging and retaining post-traditional students for each assigned program. The role provides personalized support from acceptance to graduation. The Academic Success Advisor demonstrates exceptional customer service and a proactive approach to serving post-traditional students, continually identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Engage assigned post-traditional students in the AU experience and motivate them in completing their program of study to support retention goals
- Be very familiar with assigned post-traditional degree programs, especially course rotation. Know when and where courses are offered. Collaborate with leadership to update rotation as changes are made.
- Assist students with choosing classes and registration using Academic Plan and Self-Service.
- Provide assigned students with ongoing reminders for key deadlines, including: class registrations, drop/add, financial aid, graduation applications, etc.
- Work with students in person or via approved electronic means to address questions and concerns.
- Be aware of deadlines and assist in filing graduation applications for assigned graduating students.
- Regularly check dashboard on student progress in courses, intervening to encourage student participation or assignment completion
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Exemplary customer skills and professionalism, including dealing effectively with the students, faculty, staff, and general public both in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to work proficiently with the learning management system (Canvas), student information system (PowerCampus), and customer relationship management (Slate) system.
- Maintain professionalism when dealing with all staff and other customers.
- Demonstrates understanding and sensitivity to the needs of current students.
- Ability to work effectively, decisively and flexibly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify problems and to propose feasible solutions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines. Highly motivated and be able to work on own initiative.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit a letter of application, completed application, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org