Anderson University and the College of Education invite applications for a part-time position as Academic Advisor for undergraduate education majors. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. The university seeks candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
The College of Education Academic Advisor coordinates with COE faculty to ensure accurate advising for traditional undergraduate education majors across the various program offerings. The Advisor works with the Dean of College of Education in ensuring students are well-supported with academic planning. Staff member will report directly to the Dean.
- Creates schedules for incoming freshman and transfer students.
- Advises all majors through admission in the Teacher Education Program.
- Schedules and holds individual advising sessions with candidates prior to registration each semester.
- Attends monthly College of Education meetings.
- Ensures compliance with University and College of Education policies and procedures.
- Ensures regular communication with faculty, staff, and students.
- Establishes advisor-advisee relationships with students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Must demonstrate understanding and aptitude related to advising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build rapport with college-age students.
- A customer-service oriented approach to supporting education candidates.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and a completed Anderson University Staff Application to: