Anderson University Women's Cross Country
Dear Trojan Army,
Greetings from Anderson University Women’s Cross-Country! On behalf of our Trojans, I would like to thank you for supporting our mission of providing an exceptional academic and athletic experience for our student-athletes.
As Women’s Cross-Country coach, your generosity ensures that each student-athlete can have fun, explore their faith, form relationships, and build accountability within their teams. Additionally, Anderson University Athletics continually leads the South Atlantic Conference in academic standing and consistently breaks school records in competition and in the classroom each year!
Gifts to the Trojan Athletic Fund and Women’s Cross-Country has supported our athletes in both their academic and athletic careers. Recently, Olivia Rish, Whiney Hanson, and Faith Nelson were named to the USTFCCCA All-Region team, with Hanson and Rish also being named All-SAC. We have won three races in the past two seasons, including Melea Sangl winning an event individually. Along with winning the Run the Berry XC Festival and having multiple top-five finishes in 2021, the team qualified for its' third NCAA Championship in program history.
Anderson University Women’s Cross-Country thanks you and we look forward to seeing you at our meets soon!
Coach Kevin Eagle
Anderson University Women’s Cross-Country
Below is a list of some of the Women's Cross Country team's recent accomplishments over the last few seasons.
- Olivia Rish and Whiney Hanson named All-SAC
- Olivia Rish, Whiney Hanson, and Faith Nelson named to the USTFCCCA All-Region team.
- The team qualified for its' third NCAA Championship in program history in 2021
- Won the Run the Berry XC Festival in 2021 and two races in 2020
- Melea Sangl won the Biscuit Collegiate Invite individually in 2020
- Ranked multiple times in the region and national poll
- Multiple top-five finishes at races through the last few seasons
Below is a list of needs provided by the Women's Cross Country team that would allow Anderson University to better serve our athletes.
- New training shoes for our runners
- New training great for our runners
- Timing equipment for home meets
- Training equipment such as bands, rollers, pole vault poles, and throwing implements
- Fundraising to travel to bigger and better competitions for our student athletes
Head Coach, Cross Country and Track & Field
Assistant Coach, Cross Country and Track & Field
Can my gift to the Trojan Athletic Fund go to Women's Cross Country specifically?
If you would like to give to directly to Women's Cross Country, please click "Support Your Team" at the top of this page.
Can I gift a custom amount and still receive benefits?
Yes! For example, giving $600 would get you the benefits at the Premium Level. You do not have to gift only the listed options. However, with the exception of the Trojan Army, gifts below $50 do not receive benefits.
What is the Trojan Army?
The Trojan Army is our lowest giving level at $10, and it is reserved for current Anderson students only. When joining the Trojan Army, students receive a Nike t-shirt and a gift bag. They also are then able to redeem points they have earned by attending AU sporting events and checking in on the Trojan Army app.
In what athletic associations, divisions, and conference does Anderson participate?
Anderson competes in the NCAA Division II and is a member of the South Atlantic Conference.