Anderson University Women's Basketball
Dear Trojan Army,
Greetings from Anderson University Women’s Basketball! On behalf of our Trojans, I would like to thank you for supporting our mission of providing an exceptional academic and athletic experience for our student-athletes.
As Women’s Basketball coach, your generosity ensures that each student-athlete can have fun, explore their faith, form relationships, and build accountability within their teams. Additionally, Anderson University Athletics continually leads the South Atlantic Conference in academic standing and consistently breaks school records in competition and in the classroom each year!
Gifts to the Trojan Athletic Fund and Women’s Basketball program have supported us as we have made fourteen NCAA Tournament appearances, including six in a row from 2014-2020. Samantha Michel won the SAC Defensive Player of the Year for the 2020-2021 season, while graduate Shameka McNeill won three straight SAC Player of the Week awards during the 2021-2022 season! The 2021-2022 season also saw Diamond McDowell win the SAC Freshman of the Year award!
Anderson University Women’s Basketball thanks you and we look forward to seeing you at our games soon!
Coach Jonathon Barbaree
Anderson University Women’s Basketball
Below is a list of some of the Women's Basketball team's recent accomplishments over the last few seasons.
- The Trojans made their sixth consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance and their 14th overall appearance in 2020
- Diamond McDowell won the SAC Freshman of the Year for the 2021-2022 season
- Shameka McNeill named SAC Player of the Week three weeks in a row
- Samantha Michel named SAC Defensive Player of the Year
- Mollenhauer named D2 CCA 2019-2020 Scholar-Athlete of the Year and First Team All-American
- Mollenhauer took home back-to-back SAC Scholar-Athlete of the Year Awards and SAC Female Athlete of the Year Awards in 2019 and 2020. She was also named the AU Co-Female Athlete of the Year for two straight years
Below is a list of needs provided by the Women's Basketball team that would allow Anderson University to better serve our athletes.
- Locker room graphics - Completed
- Timer clock for locker rooms
- New sound system for the Abney Athletic Center
- New backboards in the gym
Can my gift to the Trojan Athletic Fund go to Women's Basketball specifically?
If you would like to give to directly to Women's Basketball, please click "Support Your Team" at the top of this page.
Can I gift a custom amount and still receive benefits?
Yes! For example, giving $600 would get you the benefits at the Premium Level. You do not have to gift only the listed options. However, with the exception of the Trojan Army, gifts below $50 do not receive benefits.
What is the Trojan Army?
The Trojan Army is our lowest giving level at $10, and it is reserved for current Anderson students only. When joining the Trojan Army, students receive a Nike t-shirt and a gift bag. They also are then able to redeem points they have earned by attending AU sporting events and checking in on the Trojan Army app.
What are the facilities used by the Women's Basketball team?
Women's basketball uses the Abney Athletic Center for practice and home games.
In what athletic associations, divisions, and conference does Anderson participate?
Anderson competes in the NCAA Division II and is a member of the South Atlantic Conference.