Anderson University Women's Basketball
Dear Trojan Army,
Greetings from Anderson University Women’s Basketball! On behalf of our Trojans, I would like to thank you for supporting our mission of providing an exceptional academic and athletic experience for our student-athletes.
As Women’s Basketball coach, your generosity ensures that each student-athlete can have fun, explore their faith, form relationships, and build accountability within their teams. Additionally, Anderson University Athletics continually leads the South Atlantic Conference in academic standing and set a school record in cumulative GPA for all of our teams this past academic year!
Gifts to the Trojan Athletic Fund and Women’s Basketball program have supported us as we made our sixth consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance and our 14th overall appearance. Alexy Mollenhauer became the first AU student-athlete to earn the SAC President’s Award, she won SAC player of the Week honors 12 times, while Region Player of the Year accolades on two occasions. Mollenhauer took home back-to-back SAC Scholar-Athlete of the Year Awards and SAC Female Athlete of the Year in 2019 and 2020.
Anderson University Women’s Basketball thanks you and we look forward to seeing you at our games soon!
Coach Jonathon Barbaree
Anderson University Women’s Basketball
Year in Review
Below is a list of some of the Women's Basketball team's accomplishments during the 2019-2020 year.
- The Trojans made their sixth consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance and their 14th overall appearance.
- Jonathon Barbaree was named SAC Coach of the Year
- Alexy Mollenhauer became the first AU student-athlete to earn the SAC Presidents’ Award.
- Mollenhauer won SAC Player of the Week honors 12 times during her career, while earning Region Player of the Year accolades on two occasions. She was a three-time member of the Academic All-America Team.
- Mollenhauer took home back-to-back SAC Scholar-Athlete of the Year Awards and SAC Female Athlete of the Year Awards in 2019 and 2020. She was also named the AU Co-Female Athlete of the Year for the second straight year.
Below is a list of needs provided by the Women's Basketball team that would allow Anderson University to better serve our athletes.
- Locker room graphics - Completed
- Timer clock for locker rooms
- New sound system for the Abney Athletic Center
- New backboards in the gym
Can my gift to the Trojan Athletic Fund go to Women's Basketball specifically?
If you would like to give to directly to Women's Basketball, please click the give now button at the top of this page.
Can I gift a custom amount and still receive benefits?
Yes! For example, giving $600 would get you the benefits at the Premium Level. You do not have to gift only the listed options. However, with the exception of the Trojan Army, gifts below $50 do not receive benefits.
What is the Trojan Army?
The Trojan Army is our lowest giving level at $10, and it is reserved for current Anderson students only. When joining the Trojan Army, students receive a Nike t-shirt and a gift bag. They also are then able to redeem points they have earned by attending AU sporting events and checking in on the Trojan Army app.
What are the facilities used by the Women's Basketball team?
Women's basketball uses the Abney Athletic Center for practice and home games.
In what athletic associations, divisions, and conference does Anderson participate?
Anderson competes in the NCAA Division II and is a member of the South Atlantic Conference.