Anderson University Softball
Dear Trojan Army,
Greetings from Anderson University Softball! On behalf of our Trojans, I would like to thank you for supporting our mission of providing an exceptional academic and athletic experience for our student-athletes.
As the Softball coach, your generosity ensures that each student-athlete can have fun, explore their faith, form relationships, and build accountability within their teams. Additionally, Anderson University Athletics continually leads the South Atlantic Conference in academic standing and set a school record in cumulative GPA for all of our teams this past academic year!
Gifts to the Trojan Athletic Fund and Softball has supported us as we had an impressive 13 straight wins, including a doubleheader sweep of preseason conference-favorite Lincoln Memorial. The win streak was our longest since the 2015-16 season. Meghan Majeski recorded 76 career stolen bases, which ranks second in the AU’s record books. Mattie Hamilton closed out her career ranked in the top-10 in the school record books in seven offensive categories.
Anderson University Softball thanks you and we look forward to seeing you at our games soon!
Coach Tommy Hewitt
Anderson University Softball
Year in Review
Below is a list of some of the Softball team's accomplishments during the 2019-2020 year.
- The Trojans dropped four of their first seven contests before reeling off an impressive 13 straight wins, including a doubleheader sweep of preseason conference-favorite Lincoln Memorial. The win streak was the Black and Gold's longest since the 2015-16 season.
- Meghan Majeski recorded 76 career stolen bases, which ranks second in AU's record books. Also wrapped up her career sixth in the school record books with 127 runs scored and tied for 10th in career batting average (.333).
- Mattie Hamilton closed out her career ranked in the top-10 in the school record books in seven offensive categories.
Below is a list of needs provided by the Softball team that would allow Anderson University to better serve our athletes.
- Flagpoles for conference pennants at the AU Softball complex
- Locker rooms
- Circle of honor
- Roof over the batting cage on the home field side
- Replace the NCAA player banners in the softball parking lot with new banners
- Replace the "SAC" and AU Trojan Head and update the branding on the outfield fence
Can my gift to the Trojan Athletic Fund go to Softball specifically?
If you would like to give to directly to Softball, please click the give now button at the top of this page.
Can I gift a custom amount and still receive benefits?
Yes! For example, giving $600 would get you the benefits at the Premium Level. You do not have to gift only the listed options. However, with the exception of the Trojan Army, gifts below $50 do not receive benefits.
What is the Trojan Army?
The Trojan Army is our lowest giving level at $10, and it is reserved for current Anderson students only. When joining the Trojan Army, students receive a Nike t-shirt and a gift bag. They also are then able to redeem points they have earned by attending AU sporting events and checking in on the Trojan Army app.
What are the facilities are used by the Softball team?
Softball uses the AU Softball Complex for practice and home games.
In what athletic associations, divisions, and conference does Anderson participate?
Anderson competes in the NCAA Division II and is a member of the South Atlantic Conference.