Anderson University Baseball
Dear Trojan Army,
Greetings from Anderson University Baseball! On behalf of our Trojans, I would like to thank you for supporting our mission of providing an exceptional academic and athletic experience for our student-athletes.
As the Baseball coach, your generosity ensures that each student-athlete can have fun, explore their faith, form relationships, and build accountability within their teams. Additionally, Anderson University Athletics continually leads the South Atlantic Conference in academic standing and consistently breaks school records in competition and in the classroom each year!
Over the last few years, gifts to the Trojan Athletic Fund and Baseball has supported us as we have continued to improve and make waves in the SAC. We won eight of our first ten games, including an upset of then eight-ranked North Greenville in 2020, and we are off to the best start to a season in over twenty years so far in 2022.
Anderson University Baseball thanks you and we look forward to seeing you at our games soon!
Coach PJ Zocchi
Anderson University Baseball
Below is a list of some of the Baseball team's recent accomplishments during the last few seasons.
- The Trojans opened the 2019-2020 by winning eight of their first 10 games, including an upset of then eighth-ranked North Greenville in mid-February
- Baseball recorded the best start to a season since 1994 with a 7-0 start in 2022.
- In February of 2020, Lucas Smith earned back-to-back AstroTurf South Atlantic Conference Pitcher of the Week honors.
Below is a list of needs provided by the Baseball team that would allow Anderson University to better serve our athletes.
- Trackman Baseball (Portable)
- Rapsodo Baseball (Pitching & Hitting)
- New scoreboard
- Infield tarp for inclement weather
- New pitcher's net/shield for batting practice
- Batting practice "turtle"
- Laser grade the infield dirt
- Turf halo around the home plate
- Windscreens throughout the field on the chain link fence
- New turf for the home batting cage
- Paint the stadium concrete
- Add coaches office in the press box area
Can my gift to the Trojan Athletic Fund go to Baseball specifically?
If you would like to give to directly to Baseball, please click "Support Your Team" at the top of this page.
Can I gift a custom amount and still receive benefits?
Yes! For example, giving $600 would get you the benefits at the Premium Level. You do not have to gift only the listed options. However, with the exception of the Trojan Army, gifts below $50 do not receive benefits.
What is the Trojan Army?
The Trojan Army is our lowest giving level at $10, and it is reserved for current Anderson students only. When joining the Trojan Army, students receive a Nike t-shirt and a gift bag. They also are then able to redeem points they have earned by attending AU sporting events and checking in on the Trojan Army app.
What are the facilities are used by the Baseball team?
Baseball uses the Anderson Memorial Stadium for practice and home games.
In what athletic associations, divisions, and conference does Anderson participate?
Anderson competes in the NCAA Division II and is a member of the South Atlantic Conference.