- The student applying for a CMF scholarship must be a born again Christian who is answering God’s call into full-time Christian ministry and has a financial need. Full-time means that upon graduation, the student will work full-time in the ministry and receive a salary for full-time work.
- The student applying must be currently enrolled in Anderson University as a full-time student (12 or more hours of study).
- The student applying must have a current FAFSA on file with AU Financial by February 24, 2023.
- The student applying must submit a recommendation letter from their pastor or church, along with references specified in the application.
- The recipient must be of unquestionable moral character.
- The recipient must "study to show himself/herself approved unto God." The student will maintain a 2.5 GPA while at AU. Any recipient falling below a 2.5 GPA will lose a prorated amount of the scholarship per semester until the GPA rises to a 2.5 or above.
- As students, the recipients are expected to be involved in the worship and ministry of a church.
- All recipients are expected to attend the three annual banquet meetings in the fall, winter and spring. The CMF members will pay for the meals of all recipients and spouses. Any recipient bringing a guest other than a spouse will pay for the meal of their guest. In addition to the banquets, recipients may be asked to participate in other CMF engagements and creation of promotional materials.
- The recipient, out of appreciation for the scholarships received from the CMF, will agree to:
- Share the ministry of the organization with friends and churches, and encourage them to become members.
- Become members of the organization when they complete their education and begin serving in full-time ministry, thereby helping other students to receive an education in preparation for the ministry for which God has called them.
- Any recipient dropping out of the University or discontinuing their study in preparation for full-time work in the ministry will immediately begin repaying the CMF Scholarships they have received. Any exceptions are at the discretion of the board of directors.
- The recipients agree to keep the organization aware of their current contact information after leaving AU.
- ALL FIRST TIME RECIPIENTS MUST HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH THE CMF BOARD OF DIRECTORS. FAILURE TO APPEAR FOR THE INTERVIEW WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC FORFEIT OF THE SCHOLARSHIP.
- The CMF application - along with proof of a current FAFSA on file with AU Financial Aid and letter of recommendation must be submitted by February 24, 2023. Letters of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. or mailed to the attention of Ellen Busby at Anderson University 316 Boulevard Anderson, SC 29621.
Following these guidelines, complete the CMF application here.