- How do I get my parking decal
- Will I be able to meet with Financial Aid during Base Camp?
- Will I be able to register for classes at Base Camp?
- What is the cost of Base Camp and how do I pay?
- What is my Username and Password for my Admission Portal?
- Where will I stay during Base Camp?
- Do I have to stay on campus during Base Camp?
- If attending the overnight Base Camp Orientation, what do I need to bring?
- What kind of clothes should I wear to Base Camp?
- Do I have to pay for meals on campus during Base Camp Orientation?
- Can I audition for performances held by South Carolina School of the Arts?
- Do I need to take the foreign language placement test?
- Who do I speak with regarding accessibility services (504 plans or other disability needs)?
- I forgot to add or need to change a guest with my registration. What should I do?
- What is FYE and AU101?
1. How do I get my parking decal?
- License Plate number
- Make (Toyota, Honda, etc.)
- Model (Camry, Civic, etc.)
- State that vehicle is registered in
Permits are valid from August 1 of each year to August 1 of the following year. If you have additional questions regarding your parking pass, please contact Anderson Central.
We also recommend that students become familiar with “Parking Zones” which indicate where you are able to park on campus.
2. Will I be able to meet with Financial Aid during Base Camp?
Yes! The Office of Financial Services will be available to answer questions during their program at Base Camp. Additionally, their offices are open 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
3. Will I be able to register for classes at Base Camp?
All new AU students will have a schedule assigned to them by their academic school or college. During Base Camp, you will have the opportunity to view your schedule, speak with an instructor from your particular major, and ask any questions you may have.
4. Do I pay for my orientation experience?
All new students (including transfer students) are required to pay a onetime orientation fee of $150. This fee covers the cost of your Base Camp Orientation program, including up to one guest (such as a parent). This fee also supplements the new students’ orientation experience for the entire first-year experience at Anderson University. After Base Camp, the fee will automatically be applied and can be paid through your Self-Service account in a similar fashion as your tuition and fees.
5. What is my Username and Password for my Admission Portal?
To register for Base Camp, you will log-in to your Admission Portal.
Your username is the the email address that you entered when first applying to AU. If you're unsure of your username, contact your Admission Counselor and they'll be happy to help.
Your password will be the same as when you first applied to AU. If you forgot your password, no worries! Please click the "Reset Password" button on the log-in page.
6. Where will I stay during Base Camp?
- Students attending an overnight Base Camp Orientation Session (May, June, or July):
- Students will stay with other new students in one of the residence halls on campus. Due to limited space, parents and guests will need to secure their own accommodations. Click here for a list of local hotels.
- Students attending an abbreviated one-day Base Camp Orientation session in August:
- Students living on campus will be able to move-in prior to Orientation, staying in their assigned room in their residence hall. Due to limited space, commuter students, parents, and guest will not be provided accommodation for the one-day Orientation session. Click here for a list of local hotels.
- Students attending a two-day Base Camp Orientation session in January:
- Students living on campus will be able to move into their assigned room prior to Orientation. Commuter students, along with parents and guest, will not be provided accommodation for the Orientation sessions.
7. Do I have to stay on campus during Base Camp?
If you are attending an overnight Base Camp Orientation (May, June, and July) we ask that all students, including commuter and transfer students, stay on campus to fully experience all aspects of the Orientation program. If you have questions about this requirement, please call our office at 864-622-2011.
8. If attending the overnight Base Camp Orientation, what do I need to bring?
Please bring everything you need to stay overnight: linens for a single bed (Twin Extra Long) or a sleeping bag, a pillow, towel, blanket, personal items, an alarm clock, toiletries (soap, toothpaste, etc.).
9. What kind of clothes should I wear to Base Camp?
Base Camp is a casual event. Please feel free to wear casual and comfortable clothing and shoes. The air conditioning system on our campus works really well so you may also want to bring a long sleeve shirt or sweater to put on during sessions.
10. Do I have to pay for meals on campus during Base Camp Orientation?
If a meal is specified on the schedule, you can expect that the cost will be covered by the University. Often, the University will cover the cost up to two guest per student for meals outlined on the schedule as part of the Orientation Fee. If you have more than two guests, your student account will be charged an additional $10 per guest to help cover the cost of food. Please be sure to note the number of guests when you register for Base Camp, as this helps us prepare.
11. Can I audition for performances held by South Carolina School of the Arts?
Please feel free to contact Lynn Guthrie for more information on auditions.
12. Do I need to take the foreign language placement test?
All new students who have previously studied French, Portuguese, or Spanish should take a placement test in that language. Placement tests are mandatory for any student who intends to continue in a language previously studied. The placement test determines the lowest level at which students may receive credit and where they will begin their study of the language at Anderson. Students may opt to begin a new language.
Native speakers of a language other than English are not normally allowed to earn credit for the first two years of college credits in their native language. Often they are allowed to earn credit at the third year and beyond; ultimately, however, the language department has the right to place the student at the appropriate level.
13. Who do I speak with regarding accessibility services (504 plans or other disability needs)?
Students with documented disabilities who wish to register for accommodations may submit their documentation to Ms. Genia Berndt, Director for Disability Services. Guidelines for documentation and other information may be found on the Student Success web page.
You may contact Ms. Berndt by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 864-231-5516 to set up an appointment.
14. I forgot to add or need to change a guest with my registration. What should I do?
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following information and we’ll be happy to update your registration:
- Student name
- Guest name(s)
- Guest email address(es)
15. What is FYE and AU101?
FYE stands for First Year Experience. As part of your FYE at AU, you will be enrolled in a class, AU101, designed to provide an engaging and supportive experience for first year students that strengthens academic skills and develops a clear purpose for their university experience within a Christian learning environment. AU101 will be a place for students to meet fellow classmates and a perfect arena for questions and support. All new AU students will be placed with a FYE group led by an AU faculty or staff member, alongside an underclassman called an Alpha Leader. Together, the instructor and Alpha Leader will guide you through your first year at AU and help to build a strong network for your successful college journey. Transfer students who were degree seeking at another college and transferred in more than 13 credit hours will be placed in a specific Transfer FYE group. This Transfer FYE group will not be required to attend a weekly class, but will meet with an Alpha Leader and their fellow classmates throughout Welcome Week to aid in your transition.