The Master of Science in Cybersecurity is a fully online program that teaches you how to protect computer networks and information systems.
You’ll be prepared to implement holistic security plans and defend organizations from cyber threats. Your courses will cover critical topics, such as cybersecurity architecture, data security, cloud security, offensive/defensive cyber operations, critical infrastructure protection, security audits, and cyber law. Your classes will prepare you to obtain professional certifications after graduation and launch into the cybersecurity industry. You’ll gain skills in scripting, network utilities, packet dissection, port scanning, cloud server administration, and basic forensics.
As an extracurricular opportunity, you can join our undergraduate students and form teams in the national cyber Capture the Flag (CTF) competitions. Anderson University has homegrown CTF practice sites where students can hone their skills while preparing for national-level competitions. At the undergraduate level, AU students have ranked in the top 5% in national competitions. Participation in CTF competitions can help you be more competitive in the marketplace for internships and full-time employment. Many employers in the cybersecurity industry look for students who are active in CTF competitions.
Upon graduation, you’ll be equipped to pursue the following cybersecurity positions and fields:
- Cybersecurity analyst
- IT auditor
- Information security manager
- Cybersecurity advisor
- Cybersecurity architect
- Digital forensics
- Pen/penetration testing
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 35% growth in information/cybersecurity fields in this decade, making it among the fastest-growing fields in the job market. The median annual pay for a cybersecurity position is $102,600*.
- Small class sizes, which means more personalized attention and access to your professors
- Hands-on experience with cybersecurity tools
- Highly experienced and certified faculty members
- Rigorous but extremely supportive environment
- Christian perspective on cybersecurity
*Recent national median salaries sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- CYB 510 - Cybersecurity Technology *
- CYB 610 - Data Security & Privacy in Cloud Environments *
- CYB 620 - Cybersecurity Leadership & Strategy *
- CYB 630 - Cybersecurity Architecture & Design*
- CYB 640 - Defensive Cyber Operations *
- CYB 650 - Offensive Cyber Operations *
- CYB 660 - Cybersecurity Law ^
- CYB 670 - Security Auditing ^
- CYB 675 Cybersecurity Project Management *
- CYB 680 - Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure ^
- CYB 685 - Advances in Cybersecurity ^
- CYB 695 - Cybersecurity Practicum *
- CYB 696 - Cybersecurity Research
* Required CYB Course ^ Choose at least one CYB 6xx Elective