Anderson University’s Office of Residence Life invites applications for a Residence Director. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The Residence Director position is a live-in, full-time, 12-month position and is responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with the Residence Life team to develop and implement a robust residence life program that supports and serves Anderson University students. This will include living area supervision, program development, housing management, student mentorship, crisis management, and student leadership training.
- Overseeing a staff of Resident Advisors (RA) and will be responsible for their training and development throughout the year.
- Leading the RA team in the planning, administration, and evaluation of educational and social programs within the living area that are designed to meet the Residence Life learning outcomes.
- Assisting with student housing placements, coordinate room changes within the residence hall throughout the year, and supervise the check-in and check-out process.
- Being available to students in the living area for assistance and mentorship.
- Monitoring physical (health and safety) condition of the living area.
- Maintaining a presence on campus and participate in University wide events.
- Assisting with the general management of the Residence Life office, including regularly scheduled office hours.
A Bachelor’s degree and one to two years working in a college environment is required. Knowledge equivalent to that gained through completion of a master’s degree in Student Development, Higher Education, or closely related field is preferred. A strong commitment to quality relationships, warmth, excellence, and Christ-like service is essential as well as the ability to work in a professional and confidential manner with all staff, students, parents, and the general public.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Jon Gropp, Dean of Student Life
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Electronic submissions are preferred.