Anderson University’s Office of Admission invites applications for a part-time position as Transfer Counselor. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The Transfer Counselor will serve as a “one-stop” enrollment services contact for each assigned traditional transfer applicant for admission, and assigned enrolled students, with the goal of providing personalized support from application to enrolled. The will seek to provide exceptional customer service and a proactive approach to serving traditional transfer students, continually identifying opportunities for improvement.
Candidates should be prepared to:
- Develop a professional relationship with each assigned traditional transfer applicant from the point of application through enrollment.
- Daily monitor incomplete applications and newly received application documents (transcripts, application fee, recommendations letters, etc.).
- Provide official transcript evaluations for traditional transfer prospective students to determine eligibility and introduce them to the financial aid process and steps to completing financial aid applications for Federal, State of South Carolina, TMS payment plan, and other appropriate forms of financial assistance.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the PowerFaids (financial aid).
- Upon completion of each application for admission file, make decisions for admission to the university, based on admission guidelines.
- Provide admitted students with clear next steps to enrollment for submitting enrollment deposits, class registration, Self-Service login, financial aid, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required or commensurate experience working with traditional transfer students
- Strong customer service experience and a demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Recruiting/sales experience is preferred with the ability to be able to relate the college experience and the benefits of a college education to prospective students.
- Working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, and Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with database software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail required.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to connect, motivate, and inspire people is essential. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team required.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Jacob Queen, Director of Admission
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to JQueen@andersonuniversity.edu Electronic submissions are preferred.