Anderson University invites applications for the full-time position of Journey Coach. The position will be located at the University Center Greenville. Anderson University is an innovative and entrepreneurial comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The key role of the Journey Coach is to serve as a “one-stop” enrollment services contact for each assigned post traditional applicant for admission and assigned enrolled students. The goal is to provide personalized support from application to graduation, exceptional customer service and a proactive approach to serving post-traditional students, while continually identifying opportunities for improvement.
Job duties include:
- Develop a professional relationship with each assigned adult and graduate applicant from the point of application through completion of the degree program
- Introduce assigned students to the financial aid process
- Recommend students for admission
- Provide admitted students with clear next steps for submitting enrollment deposits, class registration, Self-Service login, financial aid, textbook purchase, using Canvas, etc.
- Be very familiar with assigned adult and graduate degree programs. Need to be the expert for pre-requisites and steps to enrollment for each program assigned. Cross-train with other programs.
- Assist all students with choosing classes and registration using Academic Plan and Self-Service.
- Provide assigned post-traditional students with ongoing reminders for key deadlines, including: class registrations, drop/add, date of financial responsibility, financial aid, graduation applications, etc.
- Contact all enrolled students from assigned population once per month via phone or virtual chat to complete an assessment of their experience, as well as offer encouragement and support.
- Provide regular feedback to leadership, suggesting enhancements to programs and student services.
- Monitor exception reports to identify students who have not registered for an upcoming term. Contact student “stop outs” regularly to offer assistance and encourage them to continue.
- Inform appropriate faculty member of course(s) if journey coach senses a student is having difficulty.
Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited College or University or commensurate experience working with post-traditional students. Members of the team should be committed to a strong Christian value system and lifestyle. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well within a team, and good organizational skills are required. Interpersonal skills and the ability to connect, motivate, and inspire people are essential. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and Microsoft Office applications is required. Experience with database software and a working knowledge of SCT Power Campus preferred. Recruiting/sales experience is preferred with the ability to relate the college experience and the benefits of a postsecondary education to prospective students.
Submit a letter of interest, resume and Anderson University Staff Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail these documents to:
Chesley Tench, Supervisor of Journey Coaches
Anderson, SC 29621
No phone inquiries please.