Anderson University’s Athletic Department invites applications for a full-time position as Director of Strength, Conditioning and Sports Performance. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be prepared to work closely with the Director of Athletics in the overall leadership of an NCAA Division II program. This individual will have primary responsibility to instruct, teach, and coach weight lifting techniques and strategies in addition to assisting in planning, developing, implementing, communicating and administering the goals of this position in order to help fulfill University and Department objectives. Exhibiting behavior that enhances the respect for student-athletes, the athletics program, the University, oneself and in professional responsibilities will be expected. This individual is required to assist in the direction and control of athletics in accordance with NCAA, South Atlantic Conference, and Anderson University rules and regulations. The position will serve as the Director of Sport Performance for all 17 varsity intercollegiate athletic sports teams. Additionally, this position will:
- Provide leadership, oversight, and implementation of strength and conditioning programs on a year round basis.
- Have oversight of a yearly budget and purchasing for weight room equipment as well as scheduling the maintenance and repair of all equipment
- Administration of the year round nutritional program for all student-athletes
- Ensure fundamental instruction and safety for student-athletes; teaching proper safety measures and providing proper oversight of weight training facilities
- Be responsible for compliance with all NCAA and South Atlantic Conference rules as they relate to the strength and conditioning program.
- Direct and instruct any full-time, part-time strength and conditioning coaches, graduate assistants and/or interns, volunteers, and work-study personnel on all sports performance related issues.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology and Sports Sciences or a similar field is recommended and Accredited National Certification as a Strength and Conditioning Coach are required (i.e. NSCA CSCS, CSCCA- SCCC, or CSCCA-MSCC). A Master’s Degree and three or more years of experience in the field of Sports Performance/Strength and Conditioning are preferred.
To ensure full consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter, and four professional references to Matthew Finley, Senior Associate Director of Athletics via email at email@example.com prior to December 1, 2016. Applications will be accepted after this date until position is filled.