Anderson University’s Athletic Department invites applications for a full-time position as Assistant Coach, Men’s Soccer. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be prepared to assist the Head Coach with the entire operation of competitive NCAA, Division II, collegiate men’s soccer program. They will also:
- Assist with the JV program – coaching, practicing and games.
- Assist in recruiting, scouting, coaching, (practice and games) and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the supervision of an athletic study hall, monitoring grades, send grade checks and assign players to tutoring sessions, etc.
- Attend regular departmental meetings, and to adhere to the spirit of Anderson University and its philosophy.
- Attend the clinics and other meetings aimed at professional development.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree and experience as a successful collegiate coach.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to academic success and compliance with NCAA and institutional policies.
- Knowledge of collegiate soccer skills with ability to demonstrate proper soccer techniques and solid understanding of game strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
- Knowledge of recruitment methods and recruiting data base system.
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Michael Zion, Head Coach, Men’s Soccer
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Electronic submissions are preferred.