Anderson University is pleased to announce additional details of the postponed Class of 2020 Commencement.
Commencement will be held on Friday, Oct. 2, 2020, at 10 a.m. Rain or shine, the ceremony will be held on Alumni Lawn (the front lawn of Anderson University.)
Read below for further information:
Commencement Website: Information regarding Commencement will be regularly updated on this page. Please check back regularly for important updates:
Ticketing Information: To ensure physical distance can be maintained for all participants, each graduate will receive up to four (4) tickets for guests.
Regalia & Dress: AU Outfitters is currently distributing regalia through our on campus store or taking online orders here: Graduation Regalia. The deadline to order regalia is September 23. Note: We recommend that you remove your gown from the package and hang it up to remove wrinkles. DO NOT press your gown with a cool iron because it will melt. Only Anderson University-issued honor stoles and cords are acceptable items to be worn with academic regalia. This also extends to adornments on the mortarboard (i.e. "cap").
Required Dress: Commencement participants must be dressed appropriately in attire suitable for formal church services or professional engagements. No jeans, shorts, or casual footwear (i.e. flip-flops, athletic shoes, etc.) are permitted. Avoid high heels and slick-soled shoes due to the quick-paced walking across various surfaces. Participants who are inappropriately attired will NOT be permitted to join the Processional line.
Photography: A professional photographer with ProPics will take individual photos of each graduate at Commencement. The photographer has requested that you complete this form before the ceremony: https://form.jotform.com/202534017187148
Diploma Distribution: Graduates will receive empty diploma covers during the ceremony and should report to the Student Center to pick up their diplomas immediately following the ceremony.
Students must present a photo ID (driver’s license or AU ID) to receive your diploma. Only graduates will be permitted into the diploma distribution area.
Video Streaming: For the convenience of family and friends who are unable to attend Commencement, we are pleased to provide live video streaming option on our Commencement webpage: http://andersonuniversity.edu/academics/commencement.
Check-In Instructions: You will need to arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. to Henderson Auditorium in the Rainey Fine Arts Center.
- Upon arrival, you will find your assigned seat in Henderson Auditorium to receive detailed instructions regarding the ceremony and a roll call of names. A seating chart will be emailed to you the week of Commencement for reference.
- It is imperative you are present for the roll call of names to ensure you are marked present for the Commencement ceremony.
- After receiving instructions, students will line up for the Processional. The Processional will begin in Henderson Auditorium and will travel down the sidewalk on Kingsley, in front of campus, through the Anderson University Arch, up the front walk, and into your seat on the front lawn.
- These activities involve substantial walking on sidewalks, soft grass, and up and down steps. Please wear comfortable, safe shoes.
- If you require special accommodations for participation in the Processional or ceremony, please notify the Office of the Registrar at (864) 231-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to discuss how we can best accommodate your needs.
Under normal circumstances, this weekend Anderson University would have celebrated its 107th May Commencement in its 109th year. Though we are unable to gather to celebrate the accomplishments of our graduates last spring, we have dedicated these pages to celebrating their accomplishments.
Please take some time to look around our dedicated May Commencement pages, including:
- President Whitaker’s Congratulatory Message to Graduates
- Two Virtual AU Choir Concerts
- Two Honorary Doctorate Recipients
- Graduate Student Candidates for Degrees
- Undergraduate Student Candidates for Degrees
- Faculty Awards for Excellence in Teaching
Dr. Evans Whitaker
President of Anderson University
I Know the Plans I Have for You
A special presentation for our May 2020 Graduates
Congratulations to the Class of 2020
Please click the links below to see your graduating class.
- Graduate Degrees
- Honors Program
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Other Bachelor Degrees
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Christian Studies
- Bachelor of Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Bachelor of Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Business